Monday, October 31, 2011

INTERVIEW: Aaron Burrows - Head Chef - Graydon's Crossing, Grand Rapids

Had an awesome opportunity to talk to Aaron Burrows over at Graydon's Crossing, an awesome beer bar here in GR. Focusing on the menu and it's suggested beer pairings.

BD: So, your menu is pretty impressive. 

AB: I have a monthly menu that changes, it's 10 different main items - appetizers, small plates, and entrees - and the beer pairings with those are going to change with the menu every single month.

BD: How do you manage to pair the beers with your menu selection?

AB: The way we decide how the beer apirings is the FOH manager and myself sit down and taste the beers, research them, and he'll get me info on what different spices and herbs are in those specific beers and then I try to mirror that in my food. I also do alot of cooking with beer as well. last tuesday of every month is a beer dinner.

BD: I love that your kitchen is locally focused.


AB: We get all of our produce and meat local. Whole cows pigs lambs chickens, all of it. We do alot of breaking down of meat here in our kitchen. We get the meat whole and then break it down into what we want to use it for.

You can find out more info, including their entire current menu and draft list at Graydon's Crossing's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment